Our school community believes that a dress appearance code based on modesty, civility and health and safety sets a tone conducive to learning as well as being acceptable within the broader community, all within the discretion of the school administration. Students are expected to present themselves appropriately for a place of learning. They are also expected to learn appearance and dress standards suitable at institutes of higher learning as well as in the work place.
The following are guidelines for acceptable dress in schools:
- Clothing must not display offensive logos or comments.
- Clothing must conceal underwear.
- Headgear must not be worn inside the school unless it is part of a special activity day, or part of a cultural/religious tradition. Headgear may be worn for other purposes with the principal’s permission.
- Footgear must be worn at all times. For safety, we discourage flip flops and crocs.
- Children must wear clothing appropriate for activity. Running shoes are required for use in the gym and on climbing structures, in the interest of student safety.