Allergen-Safe School Environment
Anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergy, is commonly linked to exposure to peanuts and all types of nuts. Children with this life-threatening allergy could go into Anaphylactic Shock; that is, they would get very sick, their throat would close up and they could stop breathing. This can happen very quickly.
These children are taught all the rules about not sharing food, but due to their young ages, they might forget or touch something with nut residue that they cannot see. If even the tiniest amount enters their body through eyes, nose or mouth, they can have a severe reaction.
We ask that you help keep our students safe by not sending food with peanuts/nuts or “may have come in contact with nuts” warnings on the labels.
Students who come to school with any of these products may be asked to eat in a separate room. We recognize that many of us are “peanut lovers” but ask for your help and cooperation with this policy.
Thank you for helping to keep these children’s world safe!